My sister is visiting from Nebraska, and while we were at church the other day we were all talking about our favorite ways to include Green Chile! (We’re a little excited for Chile Fest, but who isn’t?) Of course, the most popular was breakfast burritos! (Maybe because our youth group was selling them, but who knows.) But my sister wasn’t so sure about this green chile thing, so I decided the best way to indoctrinate her would be to make a delicious snack!
Fast forward to Saturday afternoon and we decided we were going to have a movie night, and with any good movie night you need a snack! So I took one of my favorite dip ideas, and decided to add Pueblo Chiles! The results were amazing!
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz) corn, drained
- ¼ cup diced Green Chiles (or 1 4oz container, if using store-bought.)
- 2 cups shredded "Fiesta Blend" cheese (or your favorite mexican food cheese)
- 2 tsp Chile Powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a saucepan, melt sour cream, cream cheese, corn, green chiles and 1 cup cheese together over medium heat. Stir in seasonings.
- Pour into a baking dish, I used 2 bread pans, but a 9 inch cake pan would work fine.Spread remaining 1 cup of cheese evenly over the top of the pan. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is nicely browned.
- Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips, celery or bread!
Curious where to get Chiles? Musso and DiSanti are two of the local farms in Pueblo that I love! (And they ship, if you’re not from Southern Colorado.) Or you can order New Mexico Hatch Chiles from Amazon! (I prefer Pueblo Chiles, their a little spicier – but the Hatch Chiles are still an excellent choice!)