Here in Pueblo, Colorado we can grow just about any type of vegetable, and radishes are no exception. Here’s a new and exciting way to use your radishes this year. Make Cottage Radish Salad, it’s filled with baby greens, green onions, radishes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and herbs.
Cottage Radish Salad
- 8 to 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, sliced in quarter slices
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
- 1/4 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- baby greens, or larger greens torn into bite-size pieces
Toss all but greens together in a mixing bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings. Arrange greens on the bottom of each salad bowl. Top with the vegetable cottage cheese mixture and serve.
This post is part of the Using the Garden Veggies blog hop, hosted by Merissa at Little House Living.