Cake mix cookie recipes are simple to make and are delicious. I’m always looking for fun and easy projects to make with my little 5 year old princess Bella. This one was perfect, together we were able to make about 2 dozen cookies together in a short amount of time. I would recommend using about half as much frosting as I did in the photo. The cookie shown was a little too sweet.
With the holidays just around the corner. You could make these any color to fit the need of the party or mood. Cake box cookie recipes are simple, affordable, and delicious! I usually use Duncan Hines, but you can use any mix you choose. And if you’re not big on frosting of course you can leave out the extra calories 😀
EASY CAKE MIX COOKIES
1 Box Cake Mix
2 Tablespoons of Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Stick Butter
8-10 Drops of Food Color (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients together in your bowl and blend until the batter is creamy.
- Drop spoonful of dough onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches away from each other.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven. I always bake mine at 350 for 9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack (about 30-45 minutes).
- Put spoonful of frosting between two cookies and enjoy or you can eat them without the frosting!
Makes 24 cookies