We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Between school, birthdays and football parties? It seems like I’m always trying to come up with some sort of a dish to take somewhere! So I thought I’d share with you an easy, quick and delicious side dish that you can just throw together and take just about anywhere!
Cornbread is ALWAYS a big hit in our house! A quick meal is to toss some leftover beef chili (like this delicious Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili) over the top, add a pinch of cheese and sour cream and you’ve got a delicious and quick dinner! But it’s also fun to just grab a piece for a snack, with a little bit of butter! We’ve found quite a few ways to add some flavor to our cornbread over the years, but my absolute favorite is Green Chiles!!
- 1 cup boxed biscuit mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (you can substitute 1 Tblsp Sugar, 1 Tblsp Brown Sugar too!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium roasted Pueblo Chile (diced) *You can add a second Chile if you like a little extra kick!
- 1 can (drained) sweet corn
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 inch Square baking pan. (Although I prefer to use my 10 inch Iron Skillet for this!)
- Stir biscuit mix, cornmeal, sugar, salt, milk, oil, butter, and eggs ina medium bowl until moistened – DO NOT OVER MIX! This batter will be slightly lumpy and have a gritty texture! Gently fold in the corn, cheese, and Chiles!
- Pour into Pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and be sure to serve warm!
- If you have left overs, store in an air-tight container, and reheat before serving a second time!