Green Chile and Cheddar Corn Bread
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It feels like Autumn is the time for potlucks! Between back to school, birthdays and football parties? It seems like I’m always trying to come up with some sort of a dish to take somewhere! So I thought I’d share with you an easy, quick and delicious side dish that you can just throw together and take just about anywhere!
Cornbread is ALWAYS a big hit in our house! A quick meal is to toss some left over beef chili (like this delicious Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili) over the top, add a pinch of cheese and sour cream and you’ve got a delicious and quick dinner! But it’s also fun to just grab a piece for a snack, with a little bit of butter! We’ve found quite a few ways to add some flavor to our cornbread over the years, but my absolute favorite is Green Chiles!!
- 1 cup boxed biscuit mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (you can substitute 1 Tblsp Sugar, 1 Tblsp Brown Sugar too!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium roasted Pueblo Chile (diced) *You can add a second Chile if you like a little extra kick!
- 1 can (drained) sweet corn
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 inch Square baking pan. (Although I prefer to use my 10 inch Iron Skillet for this!)
- Stir biscuit mix, cornmeal, sugar, salt, milk, oil, butter and eggs in medium bowl until moistened – DO NOT OVER MIX! This batter will be slightly lumpy and have a gritty texture! Gently fold in the corn, cheese and Chiles!
- Pour into Pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and be sure to serve warm!
- If you have left overs, store in an air-tight container, and reheat before serving a second time!
It’s Chile Time in Pueblo!! The 2014 Chile and Frijoles Festival is September 19-21! So you’ll have the perfect chance to pick up a bushel of Pueblo Chile!! If you’re looking for something else do to with your chile this year? How about Green Chile Mac N Cheese, or this awesome Green Chile and Corn Queso Dip?!