We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
With so many fresh vegetables in our gardens lately I was excited to see a new recipe on eggplant pasta. I have least 6 plants with eggplants all most large enough to use in our garden right now. In the past I have only used our eggplant to make eggplant parmesan, so I’m really excited to try something new with it.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 5-7 Roma tomatoes, coarsely diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh basil
- fresh parmesan cheese
- pasta of your choice
- Cut eggplant into circles. Sprinkle with salt. Let set about 10-15 minutes to draw out extra moisture.
- Then dice eggplant.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic. Cook for about one minute.
- Add eggplant. Cook for an additional 7-9 minutes.
- Add water and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add basil during last couple minutes of cooking.
- Add cooked pasta and top with parmesan
Lately Jacque and I have been of recipes. Did you see Green Chile and Corn Queso Dip recipe, Yellow Squash Cheddar Biscuit Recipe, or green chile mac & cheese recipe? We have been busy to bring you a variety of great tasting recipes for you try!