Pueblo Chile Beer Can Chicken
Beer Can Chicken is a pretty simple favorite at our house! It’s super moist, has simple prep and can be done on the grill – so my hubby is cooking dinner and not me! But I started to wonder if I couldn’t jazz it up a bit, and decided to try green chile! This recipe was a huge hit at our house, and I’m happy to be able to share it with you all!
- 1 Roasting Chicken (3-4 lbs)
- 1 medium Pueblo Green Chile, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 (12oz) your favorite beer beer
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Original
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp brown sugar sugar
- In a small bowl mix smoked paprika, Mrs. Dash Original, garlic salt and brown sugar sugar, set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub the chicken (inside and out) with the vegetable oil. Season the chicken with rub mixture, make sure you remember to get the rub thoroughly coating the inside of the chicken to!. Insert the onions and chiles under the chicken skin.
- Take your can of beer and pour out about 1/4 of the can, then set your chicken over the top of the can and carefully transport to the center of the grill! (The can will prop the chicken just fine.)
- Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Remove from the grill and cover loosely with foil for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.