Topic: The year is 2075. What does a day in your life look like?
The last paragraph of the story must contain this exact phrase: “The future holds unlimited possibilities!”
Each story must contain the following words anywhere in the story exactly as given (for example “wrinkle” but not “wrinkled”):
gadget peculiar forthcoming innovate robotic automation
Grades 3-5: – 400 word minimum, 700 word maximum
Grades 6-12: – 1,000 word minimum, 1,200 word maximum
• Do not place student’s name on any page of story.
• Provide one copy of entry with entry form on top.
• All entries must be typed in 12 point type using Times New Roman or Courier New and double spaced.
• Place title on top of first page – no title page needed.
• Number each page in top right-hand corner. Any entry not containing the above phrase and all six words, underlined for easy identification, will be disqualified.
Entries Due Friday, Oct. 30.
Mail to: Creative Writing Contest, 100 E. Abriendo Ave., Pueblo, CO 81004
or email sara.schwartz@ pueblolibrary.org.
or drop off at any library location.
First , second & third place prizes: Gift certificate to Books Again, the Friends of the Library used book store, a Certificate of Merit, and story printed in the winners booklet
All entries will receive a certificate of participation