Recently, my kiddo was invited to a Slumber Party (New Years Eve) where she had to bring a snack to share with the group! Being just a few days after Christmas? There was no way I was doing any baking, so I raided my cabinets to see what I could make!
I found a Bag of Marshmallows, a box of Teddy Grahams and some Chocolate Chips and decided to combine them all together! Add in some Coco Puffs cereal? And we had an AWESOME treat! I
I was getting ready to make another Green Chile recipe, but then I realized that I’m still in a bit of a holiday mood and wanted to do something fun and (more importantly) something sweet! And this recipe was a huge hit at the slumber party, and my six year old has requested we make it again already! (Too bad my New Years Diet won’t let me have it until the end of January!)
S’More Snack Mix!
- 12 oz. bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 11 oz. box Chocolate Cereal of your choice
- 10 oz. box honey flavored Honey Maid Teddy Grahams
- 5 oz. mini marshmallows
- Combine ingredients in large mixing bow, be sure to mix well!
- Split evenly between individual serving containers (mason jars, ziploc bags, etc)
With Thanksgiving coming up,I thought I’d post the recipe for one of my families favorite desserts! (In case you’re looking for something other than the standard pies!!)
This one is easy and quick – the kiddos can even put it together! And I promise everyone will love it!
Pumpkin Spice Trifle Ingredients
• Boxed Cake Mix (make according to instructions – you could substitue the liquid with 1 can pumpkin puree!)
• 2 Boxes Pumpkin Spiced Pudding
• 1 Bag White Chocolate Chips
• 1 Large Container of Whipped Topping (or 2 small!)
• Trifle Bowl (optional)
Pumpkin Spiced Trifle Instructions
• Prepare Cake Mix as per instructions. (Substitue 1 can pumpkin puree if you’re adventurous!)
• Allow cake mix to cool completely.
• Prepare Pudding As per Instructions.
• Once Pudding has set, Fold in 1/2 of whipped topping. (This will make it extra fluffy!)
• Cut Cake into small cubes, layer half in bottom of Trifle Bowl (or other clear bowl!)
• Spoon half of Pudding Mix on top of Cake Layer
• Sprinkle 2 Handfuls of White Chocolate Chips on top of pudding
• Spread half of remaing whipped topping (not mixed with pudding) on top of the white chocolate chips
• Repeat the Layers – Cake, Pudding, White Chocolate Chips, Whipped Topping
• Sprinkg White Chocolate Chips and Pumpkin Pie Spice on top for garnish!
Cake mix cookie recipes are simple to make and are delicious. I’m always looking for fun and easy projects to make with my little 5 year old princess Bella. This one was perfect, together we were able to make about 2 dozen cookies together in a short amount of time. I would recommend using about half as much frosting as I did in the photo. The cookie shown was a little too sweet.
With the holidays just around the corner. You could make these any color to fit the need of the party or mood. Cake box cookie recipes are simple, affordable, and delicious! I usually use Duncan Hines, but you can use any mix you choose. And if you’re not big on frosting of course you can leave out the extra calories 😀
EASY CAKE MIX COOKIES
1 Box Cake Mix
2 Tablespoons of Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Stick Butter
8-10 Drops of Food Color (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients together in your bowl and blend until the batter is creamy.
- Drop spoonful of dough onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches away from each other.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven. I always bake mine at 350 for 9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack (about 30-45 minutes).
- Put spoonful of frosting between two cookies and enjoy or you can eat them without the frosting!
Makes 24 cookies